Disclaimer: The reviews and ratings are based on criteria that our sleep experts deem important. This is a comparison site operated by DIBMat GmbH, a fully-owned subsidiary of Emma Sleep GmbH that owns the Emma mattress featured on this site. Our researchers try their best to keep all details and promos updated but they may change any time. We do not compare all mattress brands in the market. Full details
Ecosa Mattress Review
Overall Rating: 8.2 / 10
See how overall rating is calculated here.
Ecosa is a Melbourne-based online mattress company launched in 2015. Their products are available in the United States, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Canada. Their focus lies in producing intelligent ergonomic designs that work for your body and are suitable for everyone. Like most other Mattress in a Box brands, Ecosa produces a one-for-all mattress as their flagship product but has branched out to sell other sleep accessories.
Price range: $799-$1,499
Available sizes: Single | Double | Long Single | King Single | Queen | King | Super King
100 night trial
15 year warranty
Assembled in China with materials from Germany (90%), Japan (5%) and China (5%)
Ease of Handling and Transport
The Ecosa mattress comes in a relatively small box but weighs in at around 35 kg (Queen). However, the box features handles and wheels on one side that allow for easy transport and manoeuvering by a single person. Overall, the box is easy to carry as well thanks to its sturdy construction. Scissors are required to open the box.
The box includes an informational booklet.
Box was easy to disassemble and dispose of?
No, the box’s material is difficult to disassemble.
The Ecosa mattress features an outer cover made from polyester that can be unzipped to reveal a special waterproof and dust mite-resistant inner cover made from German micro-filaments. This second layer of protection discourages bacterial cultivation and allergen buildup within the mattress foam by preventing moisture buildup within.
Outer cover: Made of Polyester
Inner cover: Micro-filament protector
Cover Feature Summary:
- 100% waterproof
- 99.9% dust mite-free
- protects against bacteria
- removable and washable
Yes, the outer cover can be unzipped and removed to be machine-washed at room temperature. It is recommended to avoid exposing the cover to high heat when using a dryer as the fabric may melt, shrink, or become deformed.
The Mattress Core
The Ecosa mattress has three layers of foam:
- Top Layer: G-7 gel memory foam (medium firmness)
- gel particles allow heat to escape so you don’t feel hot
- Middle Layer: ECO-Tex memory foam (medium-firm firmness)
- open-cell foam construction creates a bouncy feel
- more durable and breathable than latex to help dissipate heat
- Bottom Layer: Ergonomic support foam (firm firmness)
- supports pressure points and spinal alignment
- has motion isolation or zero partner disturbance for undisturbed sleep
Additional Overview of Features
- Firmness: Medium/Medium-Firm/Firm
- Customisable firmness: YES. The three layers of foam are interchangeable and can be rearranged to suit one’s preference.
- Maximum weight capacity: 150 kg per sleeper or 300 kg total
- Zero partner disturbance: YES; but for firm configuration
- Edge support: AVERAGE
- Ideal for average and large back and side sleepers.
Technical Specifications and Prices
- Single (188 x 92 x 25 cm) – 21 kg | $799.00
- Long Single (203 x 92 x 25 cm) – 23 kg | $849.00
- King Single (203 x 107 x 25 cm) – 26 kg | $899.00
- Double (188 x 138 x 25 cm) – 30 kg | $999.00
- Queen (203 x 153 x 25 cm) – 35 kg | $1,099.00
- King (203 x 183 x 25 cm) – 42 kg | $1,199.00
Super King (203 x 203 x 25 cm) – 50 kg | $1,499
Shipping and Delivery
- Free shipping for deliveries and returns.
- Same-day delivery applies to metro areas of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
- Rural area delivery takes 1-7 business days.
- Deferred delivery possible
Trial and Warranty
- 100 night trial
- 15 year warranty
For questions and concerns you can contact Ecosa at: [email protected]
Conclusion – WATERPROOF COVER LAYER
The mattress stands out from the competition thanks to the convenience of having the option to change the mattress firmness at will and its waterpoof layer which helps to ward of dust mites and unwanted mattress stains. Depending on your preference and on what works best with your body, you can choose a medium, medium-firm, or firm feel. However, in actual practice the re-configuration of firmness proves to be an arduous process that requires the efforts of more than one person. Despite the three firmness options, they were all relatively firmer than expected for their respective levels. Thus the Ecosa mattress might be good for people who like firmer mattresses. The motion isolation of this mattress is exceptional. In conclusion, the mattress is good for back and side sleepers who prefer a firmer mattresses. However, it did not perform well in terms of heat dissipation and we found it quite hot to sleep on, so hot sleepers might not find it comfortable in this respect.