Disclaimer: The reviews and ratings are based on criteria that our sleep experts deem important. This is a comparison site operated by DIBMat GmbH, a fully-owned subsidiary of Emma Sleep GmbH that owns the Emma mattress featured on this site. Our researchers try their best to keep all details and promos updated but they may change any time. We do not compare all mattress brands in the market. Full details
Emma Comfort Mattress Review
Overall Rating: 8.8 / 10
See how overall rating is calculated here.
Emma Comfort mattress is one of the more recent entrants to the Australian mattress market. Despite its relative novelty, its main selling point seems to be its proven track record of quality as evidenced by its status of ‘top score mattress by CHOICE 2021’. Emma has received numerous awards in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Portugal and the Netherlands and endorsements from reputable agencies and publications such as Which?, Good Housekeeping, The Independent and Expert Reviews. As of now, the brand is among the most sold mattresses in the UK.
Emma Sleep was founded in Frankfurt, Germany in 2015 with the aim of delivering a better sleep experience at a fair price. Since its inception, Emma Sleep has expanded significantly and enjoys international success selling its mattresses and other sleep accessories in over 23 countries across 5 continents. They have even recently been awarded CHOICE Recommended status.
Price range: $799-$1,199
Available sizes: Single | Double | King Single | Queen | King
100 night trial
10 year warranty
Designed in Germany
Ease of Handling and Transport
The Emma mattress box was easy to lift and move thanks to its proportions and cut-out handles. As it weighs around 29 kg (Queen) and the box has more give than would be ideal, getting it around still requires a bit of effort. Scissors are required to open the box.
The box includes an informational booklet and a handy cutter that can be used for opening the plastic encasing the mattress.
Box was easy to disassemble and dispose of?
Yes, disposing of the box is quite easy given that it is relatively smaller in size than the rest of the mattresses and the construction of the box makes it amenable to disassembly.
Quick and Easy to Unbox: Watch Now!
The Emma mattress conveniently expanded to its full size quite quickly and was ready to use within the same day.
The Fresh Air Comfort cover of the Emma Comfort supports a cool sleeping environment with its specially designed breathable fabric (regulates humidity!) as well as ease of use with four vertical handles and anti-slip elements that help to keep your mattress in place. The elasticity of the top cover assures that you avoid any pesky lumps under the sheets that might be caused by an ill-fitting cover.
Top cover: Made of 99% Polyester, 1% Elastane
Side cover: Made of 100% Polyester
Bottom cover: Made of 87% Polyester, 13% Polypropylene
Cover Feature Summary:
- handles for maneuverability
- anti-slip elements prevent mattress slippage
- removable and washable
Yes, it is. The Emma mattress has a cover that is removable and can be washed at 40°C in the washing machine. Removing the cover is very easy thanks to the zipper. After washing, the mattress cover retained its size and did not shrink.
The Emma Comfort consists of two layers of foam with multi-layer support:
- Top Layer: Supportive point-elastic foam Eco-friendly breathable foam
- open-pored cell structure allows good ventilation to regulate temperature levels and prevent trapping heat
- wicks away moisture and prevents heat accumulation
- has motion isolation or zero partner disturbance so you can sleep undisturbed
- Class 1 – OEKO TEX® Standard 100 certified
- Bottom Layer: Pressure-relieving high-resilience foam
- provides comfort in any sleeping position for all body types as it contours to your body to distribute pressure evenly along the mattress
- supportive layer with incisions that adapt well to the body
- adds durability to extend the lifespan of the mattress
- Class 1 – OEKO TEX® Standard 100 certified
Class 1 – OEKO TEX® Standard 100 certified signifies that it is safe for babies ages 0-3 years.
Additional Overview of Features
- Firmness: Medium
- Customisable firmness: No
- Maximum weight capacity: None
- Zero partner disturbance: YES
- Edge support: Average
Technical Specifications and Prices
- Single (188 x 92 x 25 cm) – 17 kg | $799.00
- King Single (203 x 107 x 25 cm) – 19kg | $899.00
- Double (188 x 138 x 25 cm) – 26 kg | $1099.00
- Queen (203 x 153 x 25 cm) – 29 kg | $1199.00
- King (203 x 183 x 25 cm) – 35 kg | $1299.00
- Emma Mattress: Up to 50% + 5% OFF (Use code: TOP5AU)
- ? Tip: From time to time, they have a discount code hidden in the caption of their Instagram posts. So it might be worth checking that out before making your purchase.
Shipping and Delivery
- Free shipping for deliveries and returns.
- General delivery time of 1-3 business days for metro areas, 5-10 business days for rural areas
- Schedule delivery date by adding a note upon ordering
- Deferred delivery possible
Trial and Warranty
- 100 night trial (no minimum trial period before mattress can be returned)
- 10 year warranty
For questions and concerns you can contact Emma Sleep at: [email protected]
Conclusion – BEST VALUE CHOICE
All aspects considered, the Emma Mattress is undoubtedly the best choice for those looking to get the most value for their money while gaining a high-quality product that is sure to meet the majority’s comfort needs. The Emma Comfort’s cover provides highly convenient features such as handles and traction elements on its underside. It is also conveniently machine-washable and can stand the test of years of washings without much deterioration. Its straightforward yet effective construction delivers on the precedence of award-winning quality and engineering and at the price it’s offered – it is an unbeatable choice. It provides all the comfort of pressure relief from high resilience foam without the heat and exaggerated sinking feeling. Their 100 night trial is truly risk-free as they give no minimum trial period before allowing you to return the mattress. Having said that, the speed and convenience of delivery don’t measure up quite as well with its contemporaries although once you get it, it could very well have been worth the wait.