Disclaimer: The reviews and ratings are based on criteria that our sleep experts deem important. This is a comparison site operated by DIBMat GmbH, a fully-owned subsidiary of Emma Sleep GmbH that owns the Emma mattress featured on this site. Our researchers try their best to keep all details and promos updated but they may change any time. We do not compare all mattress brands in the market. Full details
Sleeping Duck Mattress Review
Overall Rating: 6.9 / 10
See how overall rating is calculated here.
Established by two Melbourne-based engineers in 2014, Sleeping Duck aims to provide a simplified experience of finding a comfortable mattress based on their own research as well as customer feedback. Some of you might recall them being featured on an episode of Shark Tank in 2017. Since then they’ve expanded their product range into bed frames and sleep accessories.
In 2018, Sleeping Duck was heralded as the ‘top rated mattress’ by Choice and was a recipient of the Good Design Australia Award for innovative product design. Aside from the Australian market, they also have a market presence in the UK.
Foam and Pocket Spring Hybrid Mattress
Price range: $799-$1,599
Available sizes: Single | Double | King Single | Queen | King
100 night trial
10 year warranty
Assembled in China
Materials from Australia (foams) and China (pocket springs and cover layer)
Ease of Handling
Lifting and moving the Sleeping Duck box is very difficult to manage by one person despite a rope handle as it weighs 48 kg (Queen) and its height makes it cumbersome. This could pose a problem especially if you intend to transport the mattress up or down stairs. Scissors are required to open the box.
The box does not include any extras.
Box was easy to disassemble and dispose of?
No, its box is large and the material is difficult to compress.
Sleeping Duck’s bamboo fabric cover supports maximum breathability and imparts it with a soft and silky feel. In addition, bamboo fabric’s natural anti-microbial properties also help to preserve the mattress in hygienic condition.
Top cover: Made of Bamboo
Cover Feature Summary:
- soft to the touch
- anti-microbial properties
- removable and washable
No, spot cleaning with warm soapy water is the recommended method for cleaning the Sleeping Duck mattress.
The Sleeping Duck mattress has two foam layers and a pocket spring layer with 5 zones of support:
- Top Layer: Hyper-Adaptive™ foam
- open-cell foam structure allows good air circulation to manage temperature levels and prevent trapping heat
- bouncy feel
- promotes good air flow (8 times more than latex and memory foam)
- made in Australia
- Middle Layer: High density foam
- customisable to be either medium or firm
- GECA® Certified
- Pocket Springs:
- motion isolation or zero partner disturbance, no rolling into each other
Additional Overview of Features
- Firmness: Medium/Firm/Half-Half
- Customisable Firmness: YES
- Free firmness adjustments can be made during the trial, AFTER at least 3 weeks into the trial
- Maximum weight capacity: 280 kg
- Zero partner disturbance: YES
- Edge support: YES
- Ideal for average and large stomach sleepers.
Technical Specifications and Prices
- Single (188 x 92 x 30 cm) – 32 kg | $799.00
- King Single (203 x 107 x 30 cm) – 35 kg | $899.00
- Double (188 x 138 x 30 cm) – 42 kg | $1,149.00
- Queen (203 x 153 x 30 cm) – 48 kg | $1,449.00
- King (203 x 183 x 30 cm) – 60 kg | $1,599.00
Shipping and Delivery
- Free shipping for deliveries and returns.
- Estimated delivery times by area:
- Melbourne; Sydney – within 5 business days
- Greater Victoria; Greater NSW – within 7 business days
- Canberra; Adelaide – within 5 business days
- Brisbane – within 6 business days
- Perth; Fremantle; Hobart; Launceston – within 10 business days
- Outside these locations – within 14 business days
Trial and Warranty
- 100 night trial
- 10 year warranty
For questions and concerns you can contact Sleeping Duck at: [email protected]
Conclusion – MOST CUSTOMISABLE
Overall, the Sleeping Duck mattress is a great choice. The mattress offers highly flexible options for those looking to personalise their mattress to their desired degree of firmness. The half -half firmness option is particularly appealing for those seeking the best of both worlds. However, the high cost of the mattress remains a deterrent for those whose mattress needs aren’t quite so particular. But if you’re in the market for a comfortable and highly customisable mattress, Sleeping Duck in your best bet.